Measures Taken by Emergent to Ensure Health & Safety During this COVID-19 Outbreak
Emergent is working very hard to ensure all our candidates, staff, clients and suppliers are kept safe during this time.
We have a BCP day this Wednesday to ensure the smooth transition should there be any reason we need to work from home for a period of time. We are confident in the practices and capabilities of our systems and processes, but we are leaving nothing to chance.
We are currently limiting the number of non-essential face to face meetings and are opting to conduct a large proportion of our interviews over Skype. Any candidate who has arrived in New Zealand in the last two weeks, is feeling unwell or displays any of the symptoms of the virus or have been in close contact with a confirmed or suspected case are being asked to conduct remote interviews via skype or Zoom.
We are consistently staying up to date with the current advice and guidelines from the Ministry of Health and are reevaluating our practices and protocols on a daily basis.
We are working closely with our candidates on placement to ensure that they feel safe, as well as working closely with our clients to further guarantee the safest possible work environments.
In the meantime, we request that you follow the guidelines set out by the Ministry of Health which includes but is not limited to:
- Cough or sneeze into your elbow or by covering your mouth and nose with tissues.
- Put used tissues in the bin or a bag immediately.
- Wash your hands with soap and water often (for at least 20 seconds).
- Try to avoid close contact with people who are unwell.
- Don’t touch your eyes, nose or mouth if your hands are not clean.
- Avoid personal contact, such as kissing, sharing cups or food with sick people.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces and objects, such as doorknobs.
- Stay home if you feel unwell.
- Call Healthline on 0800 358 5453 if you have any symptoms and have been to any countries or territories of concern or have been in close contact with someone confirmed with COVID-19.
The New Zealand Government has placed temporary restrictions on travellers arriving in New Zealand.
Anyone travelling to or transiting in New Zealand from Mainland China or Iran is currently prevented from entering the country. Anyone travelling to or transiting in New Zealand from anywhere else in the world except the Pacific Islands is required to undergo a two-week period of self-isolation.
If you are in the latter group we would still love to conduct an interview with you over Skype or Zoom.
As an organisation, we are also very well aware that the people we work with need to work in order to keep a household or family going. We understand that this can cause a lot of added pressure and anxiety outside of health concerns related to the Coronavirus and we encourage you to please call us to have a conversation if you have any further concerns around this.
Ultimately, the best advice is to practice a high standard of personal and environmental hygiene and as well as social distancing. Anyone who develops any COVID-10 symptoms within 14 days of arriving in New Zealand, regardless of where they have travelled from, should contact Healthline on 0800 358 5453.